The project aims to raise awareness of Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) and to increase the visibility of the needs in this regard.
Duchenne Muscular Dystrophy (DMD) muscle disease is carried by the X chromosome in humans. It is the most common muscle disease. It is also the second most common genetic disease and is seen only in boys. Due to the absence of dystrophin during adolescence, the body center of gravity shifts to the top and leads to the deterioration of the body.
Date & Place:
26 August – 01 September 2022, Adana, Turkey
- Has between 18 and 30 years old;
- Has Romanian Nationality or Residency;
- Is interested in the project topic;
- Is motivated to participate in this youth exchange;
- We strongly recommend the participants to be vaccinated.
- Has at least 18 years old (no upper limit);
- Has interpersonal and communication skills, team spirit, strategic thinking oriented to results;
- Has coordination, planning and organization skills;
- Has experience in working with young people;
- Has an advanced level of English;
- We strongly recommend the leader to be vaccinated.
- Fitting in the participants’ profile;
- Motivation to participate;
- The quality of the application;
- Gender balance;
- Linguistic skills.
Obligations of the participants:
- The selected participants assume to actively involve in the entire activities proposed by the organizers as well as during the dissemination and evaluation stage;
- The participants assume to behave responsably and to respect the conduite rules imposed by the organisers;
- It is madatory for the participants to purchase private travel insurance.
- Number of participants: 5 per country + 1 group leader;
Partner countries: Romania, Turkey, Hungary, Greece, Georgia;
- An amount of 25 euro will be perceived by the sending organisation as a co-financing of the participant to the project; The fee must be paid by bank transfer in the NGOs account in maximum 48 hours after the selected participant’s confirmation to involve in the project;
- Selection results: Will be announced by email in maxim 5 days after the deadline;
- If necessary, COVID tests are eligible for reimbursement, but only for the vaccinated participants with the complete scheme;
- For information about traveling to Turkey, please consult the official website of Ministry of Foreign Affairs – here.